This post is also available in: Spanish
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 12th annual Promotores and Community Health Worker conference:
“The Essence of the Promoter in the New Millennium”
December 4–6, 2014
Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
The conference gives you the opportunity to:
- Increase your knowledge and skills on health, life and community issues.
- Reinvigorate your commitment to advocacy through workshops led by inspirational community leaders.
- Share and network with other Promotores/as from across the country.
- Celebrate your achievements during our Friday evening celebration (optional).
Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:00pm to 9:00 pm: Carnival Night The opening reception will allow us to imaginatively visit different parts of the world at our very own Carnival. The essence of the promoter is in each of us, and even amidst hardships, we carry the spirit of celebration as part of our essence. Dress for a celebratory night of Carnival.
Friday, December 5, 2014
7:00 – 8:30 Registration
8:30 – 9:00 Welcome
9:00 – 9:45 Networking Activity
9:45 – 10:45 Opening Plenary
10:45 – 11:30 Keynote Address
11:30 – 12:15 Break
12:15 – 1:30 Lunch
1:45 – 3:45 Workshops A
4:00 – 6:00 Workshops B
6:00 – 7:00 Recreational Activities
7:00 – 12:00 Dinner/Dance Celebration
Saturday, December 6, 2014
7:00 – 8:00 Registration
8:00 – 9:00 Workshops A
9:00 – 11:00 Workshops B
11:15 – 12:45 Plenary
12:45 – 2:00 Lunch
2:15 – 4:15 Workshops C
4:30 – 5:00 Closing
Click here to see workshop descriptions and details for all tracks.
- Online Registration: Prior to November 14th please register online to pay by credit card.
- Mail: Download your registration form and send with your check or money order.
- On Site: Registrations are accepted in-person beginning Thursday, December 4, from 5:00–7:00 pm and will continue throughout the conference.
Your payment must be received before November 14 to take advantage of early registration costs. Late registration fees will apply to all payments received after the deadline. For assistance with group payments please contact us by November 14.
|Promotores or CHWs||General Admission||Presenters||Promotora Presenters|
|BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2014|
|Conference AND Celebration||$70||$250||$160||$70|
|Conference: Two Days||$35||$180||$90||$35|
|Conference: One Day||$35||$90||*||$35|
|Conference AND Celebration||$105||$250||$160||$105|
|Conference: Two Days||$35||$180||*||$35|
|Conference: One Day||$35||$90||$90||$35|
* Only presenters who are not Promotores will only incur a registration charge for attending any part of the conference other than the day of their workshop.
Location, Travel, and Accommodations
Participants parking at the Marriott Hotel will receive a reduced rate: Valet Parking rates will be $20 for the day. Self parking rates will be $10 for the day (no in-and-out privileges).
Air Travel to Los Angeles
The nearest airport is Los Angeles International Airport. Shuttle transportation from the airport to the hotel is available. Please make your travel arrangements early to take advantage of the best fares.
Please note that the cost for lodging is not included in the registration cost. The Marriott Hotel is offering special room rates for conference participants. Single or double regular rooms: $109. To take advantage of this price you must make your reservations prior to November 17. Please contact the hotel at (310) 641-5700 or clicking here.
Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center 5855 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Exhibitors Area & Mercadito
National and statewide organizations will share and display services available to the community through their agencies. For information on how to become an exhibitor, please contact Isalia Zumaya at (213) 613-0630.
Promotores will display handcrafted items that will be available for sale to participants. Come by for a visit and shop for the holidays!
- Conference includes lunch for the two days only.
- Only a limited number of seats are available for the Friday Evening Celebration, please buy your ticket in advance.
- This event is not appropriate for children. Children are not permitted inside the conference.
- For assistance with group registration, please contact Mari Lopez at (213) 926-1629 before November 14.
- The conference will be conducted in Spanish. Please indicate if you will need English translation during the conference on your form.