This post is also available in: Spanish
We believe in the improvement of access and provision of quality bilingual and bicultural health care to Latinos through self-empowerment, educational programs, health advocacy outreach, and development of public policy specifically aimed at Latinos and their families and as critical players in the implementation and workforce development in these areas.
Our unique partnership with Promotores and Community Health Workers is the strength of our organization. Through the Network of Promotoras and Community Health Workers, a program of Visión y Compromiso we:
- Develop multi-disciplinary training curricula for and by Promotores;
- Identify key health status and systems issues affecting Latinos and Promotor programs;
- Coordinates statewide initiatives ;
- Coordinate an annual Promotora Legislative Day in Sacramento
- Organizes the leading national conference for Promotores and Community Health Workers each year; and
- Partner with key advocacy organizations in California and across the U.S.